Friday, November 7, 2008

Follow up of TDK

I haven't made anything new since August with my little rant about the paparazzi, so I thought, since I'm doing sweet B.A at home at the moment,  I'd make a little follow up on my Dark Knight blog. All of you have, no doubt, either heard or started the rumors flying around cyberspace that Johnny Depp would be playing the Riddler, along with Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin & Angelina Jolie as Catwoman. I, for one hope that two of these rumors are true, because in the absence of Michelle Pffeifer, I think Angelina Jolie, having already received blessing from 60's Catwoman Julie Newmar, would be the purrfect (pardon the pun) Catwoman. And Philip Seymour Hoffman, though the only thing I've seen of him is as George Willis Jr. in Al Pacino's Oscar- winning Scent of a Woman,  has been very positively reviewed by most of my family and, Hell, if Danny DeVito can do it... you know what I'm saying? But now we come to the rumor of Johnny Depp as the Riddler, I really hope this is not the case. I really don't think Johnny Depp is that kind of actor because he normally plays dark & gothic characters e.g. Ichabod Crane & Edward Scissorhands, but the Riddler is not dark & gothic, he's an underachieving scientist who is driven insane when Bruce Wayne, his hero and obsession, refuses to fund his little brain manipulation experiments. With that in mind, I see of two actors who could bring justice to Edward Nygma: David Hyde Pierce, best known for his role as Dr. Niles Crane in the comedy series Frasier, or Elijah Wood, who has proven his worth as a brilliant actor through his role as Frodo Baggins in Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy, and has since played roles like a vampire in the 2006 hit Paris Je t'aimes, the cannibalistic Kevin in Robert Rodriguez's Sin City and the ethnically challenged lab technician in Michel Gondry's Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. but I digress. I think one of those two men would whack the Riddler out of the ballpark as Heath Ledger did the Joker and the movie itself would be better for it. Peace.

No comments: